I found a lovely tutorial on Five Green Acres Blog, for pattern weights which I have been meaning to make for a while - I was getting fed up of balancing pin boxes and assorted random objects on the pattern when I'm cutting out - so I finally got the machine out and made this little collection. I filled them with some (unused !) fish tank gravel - I've used this in doorstops before and found it worked really well, as it is coated so there is no dust from. Looking forward to using these, but have ordered a new presser foot to sew oilcloth on the machine, so once that arrives I'll be away.I loved the shape of these so much, I decided to make a another version, this time I made it in oilcloth and put a zip at the bottom.
Just the right size for a pair of earbud headphones, the zip isn't perfect but I'm sure I'll make another one to improve on it.