Friday, 24 February 2012

How patterns develop

If you have seen any of my previous posts, you will be aware that I made some pattern weights and then adapted the pattern to make a little headphone case - you can see the Link here. I have since played with the pattern a little more and I thought it would be useful to see how patterns adapt.

This was the first case which I really liked, but wasn't completely happy with the way the zip sat

I then moved the zip to one of the other seams which sat nicer but still had that 'poky' bit at the top

I then put the zip in the other way and put a bit of ribbon over the teeth both of which helped the zip to sit much better, on this one I also tried putting the ribbon and split ring on another corner

Final design - I moved the ribbon back to the corner next to the zip - I also made this one slightly bigger. I am finally happy with this design and have cut out a few more - will try some with split rings on the ribbon and some with a trigger clip.

1 comment: