Sunday 19 June 2011

A bit more sewing



Done a bit more sewing - I actually made this doorstop for my daughters room a couple of weeks ago, but just got it finished and stuffed this weekend - its my first go at machine applique, so not quite straight, I'm sure it will get better with practice.



Made this Brooch after seeing the tutorial on the Crafty Ribbons Blog - it's really pretty and I plan to make a few more to fasten onto bags - my daughter has her eye on a pink one !




Have also got round to making some bags - I liked the first one so much, I had to make another. I made these after reading Bag making Bible  by Lisa Lam it is one of the first things I have made without a pattern. The pink spotty fabric is actually a waterproof vinyl, which I have never stitched before but really happy with the way it has turned out, I have enough fabric left to make a bigger bag too, but I still think another trip to the fabric shop may be on the cards.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. wow you have been busy,they all are lovely,the bags are gorgous.well done.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete